Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Captcha, gotcha!


      Is it just me or Captcha is actually for aliens? Before I start, please allow me to define what I cannot read (hehehe!).  The term CAPTCHA (for Completely Automated Public Turing Test To Tell Computers and Humans Apart) was coined in 2000 by Luis von Ahn, Manuel Blum, Nicholas Hopper and John Langford of Carnegie Mellon University ). A Captcha is a program that can generate and grade tests that  humans  can pass but current computer programs cannot (http://www.google.com/recaptcha/captcha).  When browsing or surfing the internet, you typically find a Captcha whenever a certain site wants to verify that you are indeed human by asking you to correctly identify a combination of letters and/or numbers that are garbled. And I dont mean simply garbled. The characters are actually garbled big time!


I wonder. Are you human enough to type the two words correctly? :D

How about this? I need your help, please :D


      Captcha's definition specifically tells us that humans, and not computer programs can pass  the test for validation. I wonder. Of course I am human, but why is it that I cannot pass Captcha's validation? Could I be lacking in the required intelligence or are they simply doubting that I am flesh and blood?   Hmmm..  Maybe I am just slow in the head. Oh, but I was able to sign up for this blog with Captcha allowing me to get through.  Yeah, right.  I am officially an alien;  part human (sometimes) and part computer program (oftentimes). :D

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Do leave your comments here.