Sunday, April 15, 2012

Caleruega



Caleruega Church
Caleruega Church (front)


     I first came to know of Caleruega Church from a friend, pictures served as my secondary introduction to the place, and my third and final encounter with it finally happened face to face.

     Legend has it, and so i was told, that the first guy who would take you to Caleruega Church would eventually end up as your husband... hmmmm... a really interesting prospect if you have someone in mind to either prove or disprove this myth. hehehe. but having seen the church's pictures, regardless of the story that has preceded it, made me want to see it for myself.

     And so one sunny weekend, I went there with three others. At first I thought it was in Tagaytay, but it turned out to be in Batangas. I was lucky enough not to be driving, and i was there just to enjoy the ride.  It took us less than two hours to reach Caleruega Church. And when we finally arrived, it was in time to witness a beautiful couple getting married. The scene was straight from a fairy tale book, and I was briefly transported to dreamland -- the radiant bride, with her ivory skin, glistened like diamonds in her elegant gown. She looked like a princess on her special day! And the groom was dashing in his dark suit, the perfect prince for his princess bride!  I resisted the urge to take their pictures, I wasnt there as a paparazzi and so I wanted to respect their privacy.

     I suddenly remembered where i was, and lost no time taking pictures of the exhilarating sights the place has to offer. The church was not like a cathedral in terms of its size, it was more like a chapel, comfy and intimate. Sitting capacity is probably no more than a hundred. Also, the church is surrounded by beautiful landscapes and breathtaking views. The air smells clean and the place is serene and calm. From atop the hill where the church proudly stands, one is treated to a magnificent overview of the city.
    
     I will always remember how it was like being at the Caleruega Church; feeling the cool breeze touching my skin as i savour the sights and sounds of nature. I pretty much enjoyed my visit. Go plan that trip and see for yourself :)



Caleruega Church
Caleruega Church (side view)


Stained Glass Windows Inside the Church



Beautiful Landscape



From atop the hill where the church stands, one is treated to this magnificent overview of the city


6 comments:

  1. Thank you for joining BNP! Your blog has been posted!

    For site news & updates, check facebook.com/blogsngpinoy

    ReplyDelete
  2. interesting place. it has definitely a comfy feel to it. would love to visit it too. lol. everytime i visit your site, i have a new place to visit too. ;-) and that's a good thing :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. then again, let me say, please go and visit! and by the way, thanks for dropping by! :D

      Delete
  3. This place is awesome!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for dropping by! I would love to hear from you. Do leave your comments here.